Skip to main content
FeaturedNewsShort Stacks Video PodcastVideo

University Bindery: 1922 – 2015

By September 23, 2015November 8th, 2023No Comments

The University of Minnesota Bindery, which first opened in the basement of Perine’s Books in Dinkytown back in 1922, closed in July. The Bindery, initially a unit of University Libraries, was housed for nearly 50 years on the 4th floor of Walter Library before moving to the Printing Services building on Como Avenue in 1972.

The Bindery fell victim to the significant shift away from print and to digital collections. The Libraries will still use bindery services, but will contract for the services through a private vendor.

Watch the video above to learn more.

Mark Engebretson

Author Mark Engebretson

More posts by Mark Engebretson

© 2024 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Privacy Statement | Acceptable Use of IT Resources