More than 300 students from grade 6 to 12 came to Wilson Library January 16 on the coldest day of the year to take advantage of the Libraries’ rich resources and expert library staff.
“Gopherbaloo” is an annual event to support students working on History Day projects. The event is sponsored by University Libraries and the Minnesota Historical Society.
Those who attended were able to receive:
- One-on-one mentor support from University of Minnesota undergraduate and graduate students
- Mini-lessons on various History Day topics from the Minnesota Historical Society
- Enhanced research support from librarians
- Access to the largest collection of library resources in the state of Minnesota
- Lessons on using primary sources offered by our Government Information Librarian
- Free copies, refreshments, and more