Best Practices for Working From Home: This guide gives ideas for setting up your space, creating a routine, maintaining productivity, and staying connected to your coworkers.
Work from Home Projects: Once you are in your routine, you might be finding yourself looking for projects to work on. This is especially true if your primary work can only be done on-site. This document provides some ideas to keep you going.
Courses on working remotely
Time Management – Working from Home: This LinkedIn Learning Course dives deeper into the best practices you can follow to feel confident while working from home.
Mindfulness and wellbeing
Things are going to be bumpy for a bit and stress is inevitable. The Center for Spirituality and Healing has plenty of resources on managing stress and building mindfulness practices to support your wellbeing and the wellbeing of those around you.
Now may be a good time to focus on your professional development. For U of M staff, students, and faculty, you have access to LinkedIn Learning. Here are some course playlists on specific topics that you may find useful:
- Diversity Pathway
- Productivity Pathway
- Wellness Pathway
- Professional Development Pathway
- Presentation Skills Pathway
- Communication Pathway
- Customer Service Pathway
- Team Player Pathway
- Writing Skills Pathway
- Project Management Pathway
- Leadership Pathway
- Conflict Management Pathway
- Google Apps Pathway
- Microsoft Word & Excel Pathway
- Presentation Tools Pathway
- Creative Tools Pathway
- Organizational Tools Pathway
- Analytical Tools Pathway
- Educational Tools Pathway
- Finance & Budgeting Pathway
- Management Pathway
- Networking & Mentoring Pathway
Managing remote teams
Managers are learning a new way of leading — from a distance. Here are some recommended resources to help make that transition, along with general supervisory development to brush up on core skills.
Courses and webinars
- Remotely Engaged: The 12 Elements of Great Managing in the Age of Social Distancing [UMAA April 16 webinar]
- Leading at a Distance – [Course length: 36 min]
- Time Management: Working From Home – [Course length: 1hr 25 min]
- Managing Stress for Positive Change – [Course length: 57 min]
- Managing Virtual Teams [Course length: 56 min]
- Productivity Tips: Finding Your Productive Mindset – [Course length: 59 min]