The Toaster Innovation Hub has officially opened for the fall semester. While our doors are open, the Toaster will look and feel different as we do our part to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
Check out some helpful hints on how to get the most out of the Toaster and 7 steps to ensure a more safe space.
Stay safe, stay connected, stay innovative!
The Toaster Team
Planning on visiting the Toaster?
Here is what you need to know
Collaboration within capacity
Limited capacity: We have modified our capacity from roughly 150 to 50 to support social distancing. Check out the space on our website to learn more about updated capacities and processes.
Limited drop-in space / more reservable space: While we will always reserve some seating for drop-in use, much of the Toaster will be by reservation only. See an updated image of the layout below and join the Toaster Community to reserve your space today.
Limited hours: The Libraries will be open limited hours. These hours will be evaluated on a continuous basis in adherence with safety guidelines through fall semester and beyond. Keep an eye on Library hours.
The Toaster hours will be…
- Monday – Friday:
- 8-10 a.m.: Drop-in Study
- 10 a.m.-5 p.m.: Priority for reservations
- Weekends (starting 9/12):
- 12-5 p.m.: Drop-in Study
The Breakerspace is closed
The Breakerspace is closed but here to support your making needs! While the equipment and supplies will no longer be available for drop-in use, we are open for online consultations to explore how we can help you realize your project. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a consultation.
Stay connected virtually
- Unearth a variety of resources through our new virtual resource hub
- Check out upcoming toaster tours, workshops, and office hours on our events calendar
- Stay tuned as we explore the possibility of creating a virtual Toaster community.
Seven steps to a more safe space
The Toaster is grounded in community. We all have to do our part to position the community to thrive. With this in mind, we are expecting ALL Toaster users to commit to the following seven steps to a more safe space
- Feeling sick? Stay home or go home if feeling sick or presenting COVID-19 Related Symptoms
- Wear a mask properly over your mouth and nose
- Wash hands often following CDC recommendations
- Wipe down your workstation and/or equipment before and after us
- No food in library spaces
- Observe 6 feet of physical distancing & respect posted capacities
- Respect and follow safety procedures, guidelines, signage, and instructions from Libraries employees